2. What Information Is Collected
We collect two types of information about users of the Website and the App:
a. Personally Identifiable Information:
Personally identifiable information is any information which can be used to identify an individual, such as a name, address, telephone number, social security number, billing and shipping information, credit card information, e-mail address or other information that you voluntarily provide to us about yourself. When you use the Website or the App, we will not collect any personally identifiable information about you unless you provide it to us voluntarily.
Please note that we will only collect personally identifiable information revealing social security numbers, driver’s license information, racial or ethnic origin, financial information, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, union membership, health information, sex life or criminal convictions with your explicit opt in consent, and only to the extent necessary for the provision of the services offered by our Website. If you apply for a US employment position via our careers center you may be asked to provide information on your gender or race where permitted by law. You should understand that, if provided, this information will only be used in accordance with applicable law. Providing this information is strictly voluntary and you will not be subject to any adverse action or treatment if you choose not to provide this information.
- i. Using the Website. You can visit our Website without telling us who you are or revealing personally identifiable information about yourself, in which case you may however be unable to participate in certain product promotions or receive product information. From time to time, ChangeYourEnergy may offer sweepstakes, contests and surveys. Participation in these promotions is completely voluntary and the user therefore has a choice whether or not to disclose this information. In the event you wish to enter a sweepstakes, contest or survey, but do not wish us to maintain your personal information for any purpose unrelated to the sweepstakes, contest or survey, you may notify us, and provide a description of the specific sweepstakes, contest or survey to: support@ChangeYourEnergy.com.
- ii. Using the App. After you download the App, you will be asked to provide personally identifiable information. This will enable you to access the App and use its features. You will be asked to provide login information, your email address and password, associated with your user account on the Website. In the alternative, if you do not have a user account on the Website, you will be asked to set up such a user account and then you may login to the App.
b. Aggregate and Statistical Data:
In addition, when you download and use the App, a unique device identifier is read from or associated with your mobile device. We use this anonymous information for App performance and analytics purposes.
3. How Information Is Collected
- a. Personally Identifiable Information:
ChangeYourEnergy collects personally identifiable information from our Website and App users only on a voluntary basis. Such information may be collected from you if you choose to participate in the following via our Website and App: website or mobile application registrations, contests, sweepstakes, questionnaires, surveys, consumer service contacts, employment inquiries, product purchases, webinar reminders, newsletter subscriptions, or other similar activities requiring the submission of personally identifiable information. We may enhance or merge the information that you provide with information about you obtained from third parties for the same purpose.
- b. Aggregate and Statistical Data:
Cookies, web beacons and similar technology are used to collect non-personal information automatically from users of our Website and App. A "cookie" is a small piece of data that can be sent by a webserver to your computer or mobile device, which then may be stored by your browser on your computer or mobile device. Cookies help us in many ways to make your use of our Website and App more convenient and meaningful to you. For example, cookies allow us to tailor a website or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences, or to save you the trouble of re-entering certain information in some registration areas. Web beacons are electronic files on our Website or App that allow us to count users who have visited a certain page or to access certain cookies.
Most Internet browsers enable you to erase cookies from your computer hard drive or mobile device, block all cookies, or receive a warning before a cookie is stored. Please refer to your browser instructions or help screen to utilize or learn more about these functions. If you disable cookies, however, you may not be able to use certain personalized functions of this Website.
Statistical non-personally identifying information (e.g., gender, zip code, etc.) is only collected if you voluntarily submit it to us.
- c. Information Collected on Mobile Devices:
For the purpose of providing the services within the App, the App may access certain device information and/or components automatically. Your device's notification system will be used to send alerts and notifications to you as part of your use of the App. Other features of your device may be accessed by the App, but only where you grant the App permission to access those features. Depending on the mobile device or mobile operating system you use, you may be asked to grant the App permission to use multiple features before you download the App or to grant the App permission to use a given feature when the App requires access.
- d. Do Not Track Preferences:
Many browsers also include a setting that requests that a web application disable its tracking of an individual user. There is no accepted standard on how to respond to these Do Not Track (“DNT”) signals. We do not currently support any browser-based DNT settings or participate in any DNT frameworks, and we do not take any actions in response to DNT signals.
In addition, on your mobile device, you may also have a “Limit Ad Tracking” setting (on iOS devices) or a setting to “Opt out of Interest-Based Ads” (on Android), which allows you to limit the use of information about your use of apps for purposes of serving ads targeted to your interests.
4. Use of Information
- a. Personally Identifiable Information: We collect, maintain and use personally identifiable information you have voluntarily submitted to our Website or App for the following purposes:
– helping to establish and verify the identity of users;
– opening, maintaining, administering and servicing users profiles, accounts or memberships;
– processing, servicing or enforcing transactions and sending related communications;
– providing services and support to users;
– providing you with information about employment opportunities, administering the application process and considering you for employment if you apply for a job or an internship;
– to conduct sweepstakes, surveys and contests, and to provide the results thereof;
– improving the Website and App, including tailoring it to users´ preferences;
– providing users with product or service updates, promotional notices and offers, and other information about ChangeYourEnergy;
– responding to your questions, inquiries, comments and instructions; and
– maintaining the security and integrity of our systems.
b. Aggregate and Statistical Data: ChangeYourEnergy uses web log information (such as your web browser, operating system, pages visited, etc.), unique device identifiers, alpha-numeric strings of data that are part of or automatically assigned to or associated with a mobile device by its operating system or software, and other server log information. This helps us design and improve our Website and App, identify popular features, and serves other managerial purposes. However, such information may also be used if necessary to help identify any person attempting to break into or damage our Website or App. We may share such information, possibly along with personally identifiable information, with law enforcement agencies if we believe that we have evidence of a violation of computer security or other laws.
5. Data Sharing and Storage
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We do not share personally identifiable information with companies, organizations and individuals outside of ChangeYourEnergy unless one of the following circumstances apply.
- b. For Legal Reasons: We reserve the right to share personally identifiable information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of ChangeYourEnergy if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to:
– meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request.
– detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
– protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of ChangeYourEnergy, our users or the public as required or permitted by law.
- c. For Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless the customer consents otherwise).
- d. With Your Consent: We will share personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of ChangeYourEnergy when we have your consent to do so.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners like publishers, advertisers or connected sites.
Your personally identifiable information will be stored for a reasonable amount of time in ChangeYourEnergy databases located in the United States, and will be automatically transferred to these databases for storage and maintenance.
ChangeYourEnergy is committed to keeping secure the data you provide us and will take reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or alteration. Agents or contractors of ChangeYourEnergy who have access to your personal information in connection with providing services for ChangeYourEnergy are required to keep the information confidential and are not permitted to use this information for any other purpose than to carry out the services they are performing for ChangeYourEnergy. If transactions are offered on this site, transaction information is transmitted to and from us in encrypted form using industry-standard secure connections to help protect such information from interception. Please be aware, however, that any email or other transmission you send through the Internet cannot be completely protected against unauthorized interception.
8. Your Choices and Regarding Your Personal Information
You are in control of the personally identifiable information you provide to ChangeYourEnergy via our Website and App.
If you have submitted personally identifiable information through the Website or App and you would like to have that information deleted from our databases, please contact our Privacy Coordinator via e-mail at support@ChangeYourEnergy.com. We will then use reasonable efforts to remove your personal information from our files and confirm to you that your personally identifiable information has been deleted (save for an archival copy that is not accessible by you or third parties on the internet). The archival copy is retained only for as long as ChangeYourEnergy reasonably considers necessary for audit and record purposes. If third parties previously accessed your personally identifiable information we are not able to delete the information or copies thereof from their systems.
You may also contact us through either of the above methods to request the personal information that ChangeYourEnergy has collected about you through the Website or App. Before providing you with your personally identifiable information or correcting, updating or deleting such information, we reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and the personally identifiable information to which you have requested access. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of your personally identifiable information may be denied or limited by ChangeYourEnergy as otherwise permitted by applicable law. We will respond to information access requests within 30 days of receipt. If we require additional time to provide access to your information, we will acknowledge receipt of your request within 30 days and promptly supplement our response within the time period required by applicable law.
9. Links to Other sites
Our web pages might be equipped with plug-ins of the social network facebook.com, which is operated by Facebook Inc., 1 Hacker Way, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA ("Facebook"). Such plug-ins might in particular be Facebook's "Like" button respectively. If you access one of our web pages that is equipped with such a plug-in, your internet browser will make a direct connection to the Facebook servers and the plug-in will be displayed on the screen through communication to your browser. The plug-in will inform the Facebook server which of our web pages you have visited. If you are a member of Facebook and are logged on to Facebook user account while visiting our web page, Facebook will relate this information to your Facebook user account. On making use of any of the plug-in functions (e.g. clicking the "Like" button, leaving a comment), this information will also be related to your Facebook user account. Further information on the collection and use of data by Facebook and on the rights and possibilities available to you for protecting your privacy in this context can be found in Facebook’s data protection information. If you want to avoid that Facebook is able to relate the visit of our web page to your Facebook user account, you have to log-off your Facebook user account prior to visiting our web pages.
You may wish to share information about your use of the App using social media platforms or messaging apps. To utilize social media or message sharing features on the App, you may be prompted to grant permissions within those platforms, depending on your mobile device. ChangeYourEnergy is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such social media platforms or messaging apps.
10. Queries and Complaints
ChangeYourEnergy is committed to working with consumers to obtain a fair and rapid resolution of any complaints or disputes about privacy. Please send us your questions or comments regarding our privacy practices by support@ChangeYourEnergy.com.
- c. Personally Identifiable Information that we may collect:
- – Name
- – Email address
- – Phone number
- – Shipping address
- – Billing address
- – Credit card number, expiration date, and security code
- d. Why we collect Personally Identifiable Information:
- – To establish and verify the identity of users
- – To open, maintain, administer and service user profiles, accounts, or memberships
- – To process payments for our goods and services
- – For customer service correspondence
- – To save your preferences
- – To send our Newsletter
- – To conduct contests and sweepstakes
- – To allow you to make comments
- – To track your settings and progress on the App
- – To provide information about employment opportunities
- – To process and review employment applications
- – To improve the Website and App
- – To maintain the security and integrity of our system
- e. How we collect Personally Identifiable Information:
- – Website or mobile application registrations
- – Contact us form
- – Newsletter sign-up
- – Product purchases
- – Contests
- – Sweepstakes
- – Surveys or questionnaires
- – Consumer service contacts
- – Employment inquiries
- – Business transfers
- – Expos and offline events
- f. You can browse the Website without logging in or revealing your personally identifiable information, except in the case of the services mentioned above.
- g. Aggregate and Statistical Data is not personally identifiable and is collected automatically when you use the site.
- h. We use “cookies” or “web beacons” or similar technology to collect it.
- i. Aggregate and Statistical Data that we collect:
- – Web browser
- – Operating system
- – Pages visited
- – IP address
- – Date and time of visit
- – Website that referred you
- – Domain name and address of your internet server
- – Anonymous unique mobile device identifier
- j. Why we collect Aggregate and Statistical Data:
- – To administer our Website and App
- – To determine the number of different users to the Website and App
- – To gather broad demographic data
- – To better provide Website and App security
- – To improve our content, content delivery, and services
- – To comply with applicable laws
- – For business transfers
- k. How we collect Aggregate and Statistical Data:
- – Cookies
- – Web beacons
- – App programming
- l. We do not support browser-based Do Not Track (DNT) signals or settings.
- m. Where we share your data:
- – Google Analytics for website activity tracking and reporting
- – Amazon Web Services for website hosting and database storage
- – Ontraport for contact management and newsletters
- – Facebook, in aggregate, for designing and implementing Facebook Ads
- – Companies, organizations or individuals when required by law or enforceable government request
- n. Your data is stored for a reasonable amount of time in ChangeYourEnergy databases in the United States unless you request that it is deleted.
- o. What you can do about your data:
- – Request a copy of your Personally Identifiable Information from support@ChangeYourEnergy.com.
- – Edit your information in the My Account section of the website when you’re logged in.
- – Request that your Personally Identifiable Information be deleted by contacting support@ChangeYourEnergy.com. An archive will be kept for audit and record purposes.
- p. We will verify your identity before allowing you to access your data or before correcting or deleting any Personally Identifiable Information.
- q. Transactions on ChangeYourEnergy are made secure with industry-standard secure connections and encryption.
- r. We have no intention of collecting personal information from children under 13 years old.
- s. ChangeYourEnergy is not responsible for the content we link to on other web sites or the privacy practices of those sites.
- t. Send us your questions or comments at support@ChangeYourEnergy.com.