Red bean is a natural food item with amazing health benefits, but did you know that it’s also beneficial in other ways too besides as a food?
In East Asia, red beans (adzuki beans) are a common ingredient used to make hot/cold packs. You would think it would be rice, but actually, rice is more commonly used in the West for such purposes.
Change Your Energy offers two types of red bean hot/cold packs:
Both types come in Black and Blue colors for your preference.
So what’s the secret for using red beans rather than rice for hot/cold compresses? The main reason is because red beans naturally hold temperature (especially heat) for longer periods of time compared to other grains and herbs
.This means that with a red bean pack, you’d be able to enjoy the benefits of a hot/cold compress for longer without reheating.
Another benefit is that red bean packs produce no smell when hot or cold
, so it’s an excellent choice for people who are sensitive to smell. Rice, buckwheat, and herbs (like lavender) when used over and over again in a hot/cold pack can harbor bacteria, bugs, and smell over time, but red beans will hold up nicely and will last longer too.
Red Bean Hot/Cold Packs can help with:
- Easing inflammation
- Boosting circulation
- Relieving fatigue
- Increasing immunity
- Warming cold hands and feet
- Easing menstrual cramps/pain
- Releasing back pain
- Promoting deep sleep
- Soothing tired eyes
- Decreasing puffiness
- Calming irritation
How to use the Red Bean Hot/Cold Pack:
For a hot compress, place the Red Bean Hot/Cold Pack (Large)
in the microwave for 2 minutes and the Red Bean Hot/Cold Eye Pack
for 30-40 seconds.
- Place it on the abdomen for deep sleep, menstrual cramps, stomach aches, immunity boost
- Place it on the back for easing lower, mid, upper back pain
- Place it on your hands and feet for warming cold extremities
- Place it on your knees and calves for promoting circulation
- Place it on your shoulders for relieving fatigue
- Place it on your eyes for soothing tired eyes
For a cold compress, place both in the freezer for 1 hour prior to use.
Note: The Red Bean Hot/Cold Eye Pack is especially helpful for relieving tired eyes from too much computer and cell phone use. If you are experiencing more computer time than usual lately, give your eyes a well-deserved break with the Red Bean Hot/Cold Eye Pack.
- Place it on your knees for icing an injury
- Place it on your forehead for alleviating headaches and migraines
- Place it on your eyes for decreasing puffiness and irritation
If you already enjoy doing hot/cold compresses on your face and body, the Red Bean packs are well worth a try. Let us know what you think in the comments below!