Sometimes less is more. This is especially true when it come to yoga, meditation and other mind-body endeavors. Less thinking and more being still. Slowing down to get more done faster. When it comes to the capacity of our mind and body to absorb vast information when we are not distracted by external noise and influence, the ‘less is more’ concept holds no contradiction.
Ilchi Lee, who began teaching energy movement classes in a public park over 30 years ago, has been researching and discovering ways to make it easier for people to achieve optimal energy balance for overall health and personal development ever since. Highly sensitive to energy himself, he is aware of which movements promote beneficial energy flow.
He recently devised a new posture, called Ilchi Pose that is both easy and effective for total relaxation. It can be done standing up or lying down, but lying down affords the most relaxation and tension release. Here’s how it works:
1. Lie on your back with your legs straight, about hip-width apart. Shake your legs a little to help your body relax.
2. Extend your arms above your head and point your index fingers; you do not need to stretch them. While you are in this posture, breathe - comfortably and relax your body.
3. Briefly visualize the LifeParticle Sun, a pictorial representation of the source of life, which has the purest and most healing energy, and imagine its energy spreading through you.
4. Next, focus on the sensations of your body. Notice any energy movement and breathe out any pain or tension.
5. Hold this posture for no more than 5 minutes. That’s all it takes.
6. When you are finished, shake and move your body to loosen it.
People who have tried this posture already have reported experiencing more comfortable breathing, better body alignment, a calmer and clearer mind, a sense of peace, clarity of life purpose, renewed strength, relaxation, recharged energy, deeper focus, greater self-awareness and self-acceptance, and pain relief. From their experience, you can see the power of changing your energy. Your energy condition affects many aspects of your health and wellness.
The posture is called the Ilchi Pose because “Ilchi” means “one finger,” a distinctive aspect of this posture. One finger can point the way to a healthy body, an awakened spirit, and a life of fulfilled purpose. With a single finger on each hand, you can gather to yourself the universal energy that makes an amazing life possible.
This is also why Ilchi Lee took this name for his own. With single-minded focus, he’d hoped to guide people to live their dreams and aspirations.
Click here to watch Ilchi Pose video.