Positive transformations for body, mind and soul Positive transformations for body, mind and soul COURSES SHOP SCHEDULE BLOGS
Log In
Login
or
Don't have an account? Join
×
Help

Topic: Emotional Healing      Comments: 2   Ericka

How to embrace empathy?

I have many situations where I pick up the emotions and physical pain of others without realizing what is happening to me. For example, I feel tired and heavy when I am in a group with certain people, or my stomach all of a sudden seems to be in knots when I'm in a difficult meeting at work. But, when I'm by myself, I'm totally fine—happy and peaceful again. I feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster all the time. How do I embrace the gift of empathy without being overwhelmed by it?

Answered by Ilchi Lee

It seems like you have great empathic skills. You have a good brain—congratulations! Always trust your good brain. Keep asking it questions of what it is that you need to do, and I hope you can do the things that your brain wants you to do.
Here’s the tip I want to give you: if the given environment is too hard on you, don’t give it more than 50% of your mind to absorb it in. In other words, give only up to 49% of yourself to be exposed to the negative information around you and let the remaining 51% stay inside of your True Self. All of your energy will be depleted when you expose 100% of yourself to the negative environment and focus your entire attention there. No matter what comes to you, only absorb 49% of it. But, if your strength is weak, then managing exactly how much comes in can be very difficult. For this purpose, you need to grow your physical, heart, and brain powers. You can refer to my previous post to gain more information about physical, heart, and brain powers. One thing to keep in mind is that physical, heart, and brain powers don’t just grow overnight. Set a goal and diligently work to grow your power for one minute every hour, every day. When you do Tong-chun Living daily, you will be able to utilize your naturally gifted brain much better. You can ask your brain what you want and take action to do what it tells you. I hope you can create HSP (Health, Happiness, Peace) in your life.
Ask Ilchi Lee Disclaimer
Ask Ilchi Lee is not a substitute for regular medical or psychological care. The use of Ask Ilchi Lee is specifically for addressing the underlying spiritual issues that may be causing stress. Ask Ilchi Lee consists of self-help coaching techniques and tools and should not be construed as a prescription, a promise of benefits, claims of cures, or a guarantee of results to be achieved.

2 Comments Tell us your thoughts
profile
To comment, please Log in or Sign up.
Post
user

My husband was diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's disease at 57.his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, things were tough for me, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure ultimate health home, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimatehealthhome they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this ultimatehealthhome@gmail.com to anyone who needs help.
To reply, please Log in or Sign up.
user
Thank you for your response.  This is very helpful!  Strengthening my power to stay inside 51% of the time, learning to gauge when my energy is being depleted, and continuing to ask my brain questions about what I need to do will help me use my energy to actualize my dreams/goals versus feeling depleted.  Thank you.
To reply, please Log in or Sign up.
Sign up for ChangeYourEnergy e-Newsletter
Positive transformations for body, mind and soul
World's leading online education platform for energy, chakra, yoga and guided meditation.
Over 1500 videos, articles, and weekly live classes for all levels. Experience positive change for the body, mind, and soul from the teachings of mind-body expert Ilchi Lee.
Phone: 928-239-4002
              
UPCOMING LIVE CLASS
Deep Stretch Power Yoga
20
OCT
MEMBERSHIP LIVE CLASS
By Sunghan Jang
Wed, Oct. 20, 12:00-1:00PM EDT
 
The information, instruction or advice given by ChangeYourEnergy.com is not intended to be a substitute for competent professional medical or psychological diagnosis and care. You should not discontinue or modify any medication presently being taken pursuant to medical advice without obtaining approval from your healthcare professional.